Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2011

Dropbox alternatives - SpiderOak

Ok, I've to admit that I've used Dropbox for a quite long time -- it just worked and I didn't really care about the security of my data. Simply, because I never stored any sensitive data on my Dropbox account(s).

But what if you need store some data others shouldn't have access to on Dropbox? Well ...it's easy: Dropbox does no end-to-end encryption. For the non-techies: The transfer itself to or from the Dropbox-servers are encrypted but the data itself on the server isn't. This basically enables the Dropbox administrators/employees to view your data with ease.

Wait! There's hope for alternatives to easily move away from Dropbox. One of the better alternatives (and believe me, I've tried a lot of them!) is called SpiderOak. Besides end-to-end protection and clients for Windows, Mac and Linux on PCs and Android + IPhone on mobile devices there's everything you need.

For starting you get a 2GB account for free for lifetime -- and if you signup using the link below you get another 1GB for free:

Click here to signup for a free lifetime 2GB (+ 1GB bonus!) account

Have fun!

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen